Like calcium, phosphate plays an important role in strengthening and repairing bones and teeth. Phosphate levels in the blood will affect calcium levels. The higher the phosphate, the lower the calcium content. That’s why both need to be balanced.

Phosphate is a particle that contains phosphorus minerals. This mineral is needed for bones, teeth, muscles, and nerves. In the human body, phosphorus is most abundant in bones, which is 85%. The remaining 15% is spread in various body tissues.

Let's Learn How Phosphate Strengthens Bones

How to Phosphate Strengthen Bones

Regarding its use for bone, phosphate does not work alone. There are several substances that support this phosphate function. One of them is vitamin D which helps the absorption of phosphate ions in the intestine.

Furthermore, phosphate works together with calcium to strengthen bones. The way it works is unique, because the two substances support each other to maintain a balanced level. If the phosphate level is sufficient, the body will absorb only a little calcium. Vice versa.

Besides being needed by bones and teeth, phosphate is also needed by the body to help improve nerve function and muscle performance. Phosphate can be obtained naturally from a number of foods, or consumed in supplement form.

Symptoms of Phosphate Strength and Strength

To get strong bones, balance is needed in phosphate and calcium levels. The body that has excessive phosphate levels will experience hyperphosphatemia with symptoms such as red eyes, itching, and can even experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation.

Conversely, if the body is phosphate deficient, you will experience hypophosphatemia with symptoms such as fatigue, joint pain and muscle aches. If this happens together with low levels of calcium and vitamin D, in the long run it can cause bones to weaken.

Effects of Kidney Disorders on Phosphate Levels

The body produces parathyroid hormone which is responsible for regulating levels of phosphate and calcium in the blood. The kidneys also help control phosphate levels. Under normal conditions, the kidneys filter excess phosphate and excrete it through urine.

However, if the kidneys are not healthy, excess phosphate cannot be filtered properly and removed, so it will accumulate in the body. Therefore, excess phosphate can be a sign of kidney problems. If this happens, your doctor may suggest dialysis to help the kidneys clear excess phosphorus in the body.

Applying a healthy lifestyle is an important key to maintaining a balanced level of phosphate in the body. Besides doing sports, make it a habit to drink enough water. If the phosphate level is excessive, a low phosphate diet is needed. Conversely, if the body lacks phosphate, eat foods that are high in phosphate, including tuna, salmon, milk, yogurt, and chocolate.

If you experience symptoms of phosphate deficiency or excess as mentioned above, you should immediately see a doctor to get a proper examination and treatment.

Categories: Healthy

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Klik untuk
WhatsApp
WA 1
WA 2
WA 3